Thursday, August 07, 2008

Thankful for the Lord's provision!

This past weekend we traveled to a remote village to do a "seminar." I (Mandy) was teaching the group of ladies from Proverbs 31 and realized that even though I tried to speak on a level they could understand, they really couldn't understand. This is because there were no Bibles in the churches there. They lacked even some basic teaching from Scripture. Six churches were represented and there may have been only one pastor out of all of them with a torn up Bible. I was about to burst into tears and it was one of those times I had to totally rely on God for strength to continue. Fortunately I had a Malawian pastor's wife with me who had a Bible and knew more than the average Malawian woman about the Bible. She was able to step in for me and answer their questions in a way for them to understand. I promised the ladies that we would be getting Bibles into the hands of the pastors as soon as possible. Little did I know that one of the pastors who accompanied us had brought 12 Bibles that he had left over from a box we had given him. Another pastor who also accompanied us had brought 12 hymn books which they also so desperately needed. It was so uplifting to see how happy those six pastors were to receive these new Bibles - two for each church. We were told that they spent the entire night preaching and singing their praises to God. They didn't go to bed the entire night! Praise God for His provision!

No comments: